Official website link for International Olympic Committee www.olympic.org
1) The Summer Olympic Games or the Games of the Olympiad, first held in
i) 1896 ii) 1906 iii) 1850 iv) 1700 Ans: i)
2) The Summer Olympic Games held once every
i) four years. ii) three years. iii) four and half years. iv) five years Ans:i)
3) The …………………………………… organises the Olympic Games and oversees the
host city’s preparations.
i) FIFA ii) International Olympic Committee (IOC)
iii) BCCI iv) Asian Games Ans: ii)
4) The ancient Olympic Games were primarily a part of a ………………… festival.
i) sports ii) religious iii) cultural iv) cultural and music Ans: ii)
5) The ancient Olympic Games were held in honor of god …………
i) Poseidon ii) Zeus iii) Hermes iv) Apollo Ans: ii)
6) In which place the ancient Olympic Games were held?
i) Olympia ii) Alps iii) Italy iv) Vatican Ans: ii)
7) In Greek mythology, who dwelled in Mt. Olympos?
i) King and Queen ii) Julius Caesar Ans: iv)
iii) Jesus iv) the greatest of the Greek gods and goddesses
8) The ancient Olympic Games began in the year …………….
i) 776 BC ii) 923 BC iii) 564 BC iii) 778 BC Ans: i)
9) The first modern Olympics were held in ………..
i) 1869 ii) 1900 iii) 1928 iv) 1896 Ans: iv)
10) The first modern Olympics were held in ………..
i) Rome ii) Olympia iii) Athens iv) Paris Ans: iii)
11) How many nations took part in 1896 Athens Olympics?
i) 22 ii) 14 iii) 16 iv) 20 Ans: ii)
12) How many athletes took part in 1896 Athens Olympics?
i) 241 ii) 242 iii) 243 iv) 244 Ans: i)
13) The man responsible for its rebirth of modern Olympic was a Frenchman named
i) Zeus ii) Baron Pierre de Coubertin
iii) Thomas Bach iv) Demetrios Vikelas Ans: ii)
14) Who was the first president of International Olympic Committee
i) Baron Pierre de Coubertin ii) Demetrios Vikelas
iii) Thomas Bach iv) Zeus Ans: ii)
15) International Olympic Committee, organization formed in Paris in
i) 1896 ii)1894 iii) 1900 iv) 1869 Ans: ii)
16) The headquarter of International Olympic Committee (IOC) is based on
i) London ii) Newyork iii) Lausanne iv) Rome Ans: iii)
17) The Olympic torch or Olympic Flame was first inaugurated in the
i) 1928 Olympic Games in Amsterdam. Ans: i)
ii) 1932 Olympic Games in Los Angeles.
iii) 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin.
iv) 1952 Olympic Games in Helsinki.
18) The modern Olympic torch relay was first instituted at the
i) 1960 Olympic Games in Rome.
ii) 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin. Ans: ii)
iii) 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow.
iv) 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin.
19) The Olympic Oath was introduced in
i) 1920 ii) 1902 iii) 1932 iv) 1952 Ans: i)
20) How many countries participate in the Olympics 2020?
i) 206 ii) 200 iii) 196 iv) 201 Ans: i)
21) The Olympic motto is the hendiatris Citius, Altius, Fortius, which is Latin for “faster, higher, stronger”.
22) The rings are five interlocking rings, coloured blue, yellow, black, green, and red on a white field, known as the “Olympic rings”.